TP4056 Lithium-ion Battery Charging Module
TP4056 lithium-ion battery charging module is a complete constant-current/constant-voltage linear charger for single-cell lithium-ion batteries. Its SOP package and low external component count make the TP4056 ideally suited for portable applications. Furthermore, the TP4056 can work with USB and wall adapters. No blocking diode is required due to the internal PMOSFET architecture and has prevented a negative charge current. Thermal feedback regulates the charge current to limit the die temperature during high power operation or high ambient temperature. The charge voltage is fixed at 4.2V, and the charge current can be programmed externally with a single resistor. The TP4056 automatically terminates the charge cycle when the charge current drops to 1/10th the programmed value after the final float voltage is reached. TP4056 Other features include a current monitor, under voltage lockout, automatic recharge and two status pins to indicate charge termination and the presence of an input voltage.
This module uses the TP4056 / TC4056 Li-Ion charge controller IC and a separate protection IC. There are other types of modules on the market that use the TP4056 / TC4056 but lack any protection circuits or ICs to provide the necessary protection needed with lithium batteries. This module uses both the TP4056 / TC4056 and the DW01A Li-Ion battery protection IC, which together in combination provide the following protection features:
- Manage the constant current to constant voltage charging of a connected lithium battery
- Over-discharge protection – keeps your battery from being discharged below 2.4V, a healthy minimum voltage level for your battery. If a connected battery has been discharged below 2.4V the module will cut output power from the battery until the battery voltage has been re-charged above 3.0V (the over-discharge release voltage), which at that time the module will again allow discharge of power from the battery to a connected load. Although the module cuts output power from the battery during an over-discharge situation, it still allows charging of the battery to occur through the parasitic diode of the discharge control MOSFET (FS8205A Dual MOSFET).
- Overcharge protection – the module will safely charge your battery to 4.2V
- Overcurrent and short-circuit protection – the module will cut the output from the battery if the discharge rate exceeds 3A or if a short-circuit condition occurs
- Charging Input Interface: USB Type C
- Charging Mode: Linear Charging
- Charging Current: Up to 1000mA (Adjustable)
- Charge Precision: 1.5%
- Input Voltage: 4.5V-5.5V
- Full Charge Voltage: 4.2V
- Over Discharge Protection Voltage: 2.5V
- Over Current Protection: 3A
- Working temperature: -10 °C to +85 °C
- Dimension: 28 x 17.4 x 3 (LxWxH)mm
- Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage Charging
- Charges Single Cell Li-Ion Batteries Directly from USB Port
- Two Charge Status Output LED
- Soft-Start Limits Inrush Current
To check out our website for different types of batteries and chargers, click Battery
Keep an eye on robotechbd.com for the best price for batteries and chargers in Bangladesh (BD).